Advancing Pressing and
Smart mechatronic technology has thepotential to elevate pressing and joiningsystems to new levels of flexibility andsophistication—especially those engineered to deliver “plug-and-produce”performance. Mechatronic assemblytools that provide all system components from one manufacturer, preprogrammed and ready to configure andbegin operation upon delivery, offer thefastest return on investment for manufacturers. Platforms that also featuredrag-and-drop programming of motionsequences, as well as real-time visualization and recording of force curves,can help ensure improved quality, faster changeovers, and more productivepressing and joining processes.
DESIGNED TO MEET future industry requirements and providing a complete mechatronics package that is immediately ready for use acrossa wide range of pressing and joining applications, the modular SmartPress Kit consists of mechanical components, electrical components,and software—simplifying product selection and configuration as well ascommissioning. The Smart Press Kit can be connected via open interfacesand conveniently monitored on a tablet during operations to maximizetransparency, reduce downtime, and increase productivity.
This easy and fast solution is specially designed for pressing and joining processes in the low force range of 2 to 30 kN. The modular systemconsists of perfectly synchronized hardware and software components:an electromechanical cylinder and power sensor, servomotor, drive controller, industrial PC, and browser-based HMI software based on HTML 5.
• The system consists of cylindermechanics, regulator, control
system, and software to set up automatic program sequences
for pressing and joining processes
• Web-based software allows you to set up sequence programs
by way of drag-and-drop movement profile building blocks
• The function of the system: Controlling the position of the piston
rod while monitoring the force
• The recording of the force/route allows its evaluation through
• The recording data is available after the program sequence
• Can be used as a stand-alone solution or integrated into
higher-level systems via fieldbus or OPC-UA
• Press-fitting bearings in housings
• Crimping cables and hoses
• Inserting (for example, integration
of magnets in lamination stacks)
• Forming processes (embossing anddeep drawing in the plastics industry)
• Measurement• Test procedures/test stands